Sunday 18 September 2016

Studying Fight/Action Sequences

Recently I began storyboarding for my main piece of coursework this year. Having already drafted the script (which will be posted once it is finalised) I decided that I would really like to put a couple of fight scenes in my project. However, I also discovered that I had absolutely no idea on how to shoot a fight sequence yet alone a whole scene.


I firstly watched the video above which really helped me during storyboarding. Although it conflicts with the idea of storyboarding as the director here admits to having not filmed the scene at all. Although I am still unsure of the camera movement during my fight sequence I found this very interesting due to how they filmed and the steps they took during the sequence.


Secondly, I watched another video by Tomorrow's Filmmakers. I wanted to see another example of shooting a fight scene. I like the idea of practicing the choreography of the fight scene which I kind of key which I don't think I had completely processed. Compared to the video above, this has a different take on the filming as well as the point that they actually storyboarded this scene. One thing that I did notice is that both videos mention that you can break the 180 degree rule during a fight scene which I thought was very interesting. Also, I liked the idea of having my actors record their voices and all the noises that are made during the scene after the film is edited - which is something I regret not doing after my short film opening last year when I encountered issues with editing the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment