Wednesday 28 September 2016

Questions Regarding My Film Treatment

What is your main challenge?
I think my main challenge would be getting my whole cast and crew together. During my production of my short film opening 'Black Sands' last year, I found that getting my cast together was exceptionally difficult. I am hoping this time I will be more prepared both in getting my whole team together as well as directing, having had no experience of directing whilst filming 'Black Sands'.

Who is your audience?
I think my film will appeal to a teenagers and young adults. A lot of my inspiration has come from productions such as 'The Shannara Chronicles', 'Merlin' and 'Lord of the Rings' whose ratings range from 12-15 which is an ideal age range for me.

How are you going to deal with the costumes and makeup to create your filmic world?
Costumes and makeup are a major part of my filmic world in my short film. Costume wise, it is proving very interesting to capture the personality and stereotypes of the characters that will be portrayed in the film. Even though some of the costumes have a gothic/medieval sort of theme, I will be using modern clothing in order to create medieval styled costumes. Regarding the makeup of the film, I have always visioned the two protagonists (Sienna and Melodie) as having neutral makeup which didn't make them stand out in society but still somehow highlights their characters.

How long will this film be?
I'm hoping my film with be no more than five minutes long. Although I have a lot of shots planned, the film is quite fast sequenced so it should be ok.

How are you going to film the fight scene?
If you've been reading my blog then you will know that I have recently been studying fight scenes in films and did a whole post on it called: Studying Fight/Action Sequences. I have figured that I will most likely have to film my fight scenes more than once, probably at least three times from different angles, and that it would be useful for my actors to practice the choreography of the sequence before actually filming. This will ensure a better quality fight scene as the actors will then be aware of what they should be doing as well as being in the best interests of the actors so that they do not harm themselves.

My film was well received by the rest of my media group and we are all eager to see how the film develops into my finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment