Tuesday 13 September 2016

Flashbacks || Part Two

Recently I have started looking at more flashbacks and decided to actually start looking at different styles of flashback. I am planning for flashbacks to take part regarding one character's past which I am hoping to make key to the storyline.


I decided to first look at a flashback from 'The 100'. Set in Octavia's past before she is discovered, I like the use of the lens flares that seem to emphasise on unrealistic almost dreamlike sense of the whole clip. Although it is only around a minute long it is extremely effective and explains a lot about the character of Octavia.



After that I decided to look into Arwen's vision in the 'Lord of the Rings'. I like how peaceful this seems to be and the soft lighting which shines, streaking out across the screen. As it is similar to the one above I think that it follows a certain stereotype.

No comments:

Post a Comment